Monday, May 19, 2008

Settlement

When an aspiring saint asked Mother Teresa, "How can I be like you?"
her simple response was, "Find your own Calcutta."

Jesus said, "...take up your cross and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)

As an Americanized Christian, I have lived a soft, privledged life.
Not until I was placed in the maelstrom of potentially losing all
worldly possessions have I experienced a minute amount of the pain and
suffering of Calcutta and the Cross. It has caused a deep wound but
it has helped me to see that we are called to take up our crosses...

A settlement has been arranged/paid. The monetary losses are great,
and we continue to ask for prayers of healing emotionally, physically,
and spiritually with all who have been involved in this bizarre legal
nightmare.

Brooke and I cannot thank you enough for being the hands and feet of
Christ to us during this time.

I will periodically continue to share with you some of our struggles
and some of our learnings from the experience in hopes that when you
find yourself in suffering, our experience may help ease your pain and
suffering.

We love you all!
Brooke and Drew

p.s.
Bucky (a close friend of mine) asked me to teach with him at church in
April and May. I shared some of my pain, sorrow, and joy of growing
closer to God during this time (sermon #4 of 5). For those of you
interested, you can listen to any of the sermons at www.ocpathways.org
(the series is named: The God Questions...2 of the 5 sermons are
currently at ocpathways.org and the others will be coming soon...)

No comments: