Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Being Spiritual

As some of you may have read my last blog entry on everything being
spiritual (www.prayfast.blogspot.com), I just had an event that
definitely could have been more spiritual...I was riding my bike (with
a helmet thankfully) trying to catch up to my kids, and a dog off a
leash ran right in front of me causing me to fly over the handle bars
and do a face plant on the ground....needless to say, I had a few
choice words/ideas pop into my head....but seeing as everything is
spiritual...I drew a big breath and brushed myself off and told the
dog owner: 'Have a nice day.'

Now my point is: If I were living IN the adventure of seeing
everything as spiritual, as seeing everything from a kingdom
perspective...I would have been able to take note that ANY occurance
can be seen as an opportunity to LIVE in the adventure. What many call
a divine appointment! Now if I had that perspective, I would have been
able to take the opportunity to bless the dog owner. Thankfully, I
was able to hold my tongue and utter the pathetic but neutral: 'have a
nice day' comment.

No comments: